Term paper #1
Media is always changing, rather it be through social media, or even local news, there’s always something new going on around us with technology today. newspapers, world news, games, broadcasts, videos, movies, music, communication, and more. I use Media a lot throughout my day. I am very frequently scrolling on my favorite social media and getting caught up on the virtual world around me. I also use the Media a lot throughout my day to stay caught up in my classes and emailing my professors when I am in need of help.
Every day when I wake up, I start my day off by waking up to my alarms. I usually have 2-4 alarms set, 7:20am, 7:25, 7:30am, and 7:35am. I have alarms set to start a healthy sleeping routine, I always try to be awake by 8:00am. I also set alarms so that I'm not late to classes, or anywhere that I have to be in the morning. Once I have stretched and sat up in my bed, I immediately check my notifications and see if there’s anything from outlook, messages, or Gmail. If there is anything important I’ll always open that notification and read it and respond.
After I’m done going through my notification’s I always like to lay in bed for 10-15 minutes scrolling on the “for you” page on TikTok, getting caught up on everything trending right now. Then I’ll check my notifications on TikTok and look to see if my friends shared any videos with me, if they have then I’ll watch them and reply. After I’m done scrolling on tiktok I’ll get up and make breakfast, while I make breakfast I like to listen to music on Apple Music, I’ll usually choose one of my favorite playlists, and press shuffle. I use Tiktok throughout my day a lot of the time. I always catch myself scrolling through videos in my free time or even when I'm really bored. Tiktok has always been very entertaining to me and I love to share videos that I find funny or interesting with my friends or family and being able to talk about the video(s) together.
After I’ve eaten breakfast and have gotten ready for Class or leaving the house in general, I’ll grab my keys and head out the door. Once I get in my car I always automatically connect my phone to the Bluetooth setting on my radio and continue shuffling between my favorite playlists. Music is one of my favorite things in my life. Not only do I like listening to music, but I love to sing and try to learn to play the songs I listen to. Music is very Interactive and It Even helps me boost my mood if im feeling down. I have playlists for every situation I'm in. I have a "calming" playlist that I usually listen to while I study, or when I'm sad, Can't focus, or If I'm not feeling very well. My "calming" playlist has very slow tempo songs that are not loud and are very pretty.
On my free time I love scrolling on Pinterest and saving any posts I find interesting, to my pins, On pinterest I have a pin/board for everything that I find interest or entertaining, some on my favorite Pins are labeled "Baby Fever", "Animals", "Tattoos", "Food", and "Outfits". These Boards have hundreds of pins related to exactly what the Title Says. In my "Baby fever" board, I have multiple pins saved for babies, rather than baby clothes, baby showers, or even maternity photoshoot pictures. In my "Animals" board, I have multiple pins saved of animals I think are very cute, or If its an animal Id like to have as a pet. In my "Tattoos" board I have multiple pins of tattoos that I considered maybe getting one day. In my "Food" Board, I have pins saved of multiple different Food recipes that I plan on learning to cook. And lastly, in my "Outfits" Board, I have Pins saved of different outfit ideas, and clothes that I want to buy for myself. When I'm doing projects or I'm trying to remember something, I often find myself going to my Boards, trying to find what I was thinking of. When I find it I'll save the pin to my photos on my phone.
During class or when I'm at home, I'll often Check X, on X, I'll check my Professors feed for my major and see if there is anything that would be helpful to me in class.
Throughout the rest of the day I spend most of my time frequently checking Snap chat, while sending “snaps” to my friends and family, as well as scrolling through Instagram and catching up on my friends and family’s posts, or checking my likes and followers.
After classes, when I get home I like to eat lunch or dinner while watching my favorite Tv shows on my Roku Tv. Some of my favorite shows are on Prime Video, Disney plus, or Netflix. The shows Are "9-1-1", "Wednesday", and "The Summer I turned Pretty".
At the end of my day I always get on my phone and Facetime my boyfriend using the "Facetime" app on my Iphone 13 pro max. I always Talk to my boyfriend on facetime every night because I commonly don't get to see my friend through the week because we are 3 hours away from eachother, So Facetime is how we often catch up on each other's lives and I'll tell him how my classes are going, And If I need help with an assignment, he will help me study on facetime. After we have talked for a couple hours on Facetime we will say our goodbyes and I'll plug my phone up and head off to bed. My days will continue this media cycle in the morning when I get woken up from my daily set alarms.









Comments
Post a Comment