Movie Review - MCOM 1003

 

Movie Review - Term Paper 2

MCOM 1003

Ayla Denny


Ever since I was a little girl, I have always Loved going to the movie Theatres. Being able to watch a new movie on the big screen, being able to stuff my face with Buttery Popcorn, getting sugar rushes on Candy, and drinking the massively Large drinks that make my bladder almost explode! Going to the movies has always been a go-to option when going on dates, hanging out with friends, or even just going out with my family.


When I was younger, movies weren't as normalized for me yet. Going to the movies was like a dream come true every time. It was always so much fun! I got to see so many amazing movies that Everyone now just watches on Netflix or another streaming app.


To this day, I can still remember loading up in the car with my siblings or friends, to go see some of the new PG movies that were showing. One of my favorites was the movie "Sing".




This fall break, Me and my Boyfriend decided to spend our weekend celebrating our 1 year Anniversary by going to our favorite go-to date, Texas Roadhouse, and The Movies! On Friday of October 3rd, I packed my bags into my Car and sped away from my dorm to meet my boyfriend at his work in Camden Arkansas, then we drove together back to his Home in Prattsville Arkansas. On Saturday of October 4th, We woke up ready to have our Day full of fun. We cooked some delicious Eggs and bacon for breakfast and watched TV. Then after a couple hours we decided to get ready to go out for our date, and we left his house around 4:30. After a couple pitstops, we arrived at Texas Roadhouse In Benton, Arkansas. We started our Date off with a The World Famous Rolls and butter, a delicious Cactus Blossom, and Ice cold drinks. After a couple minutes we ordered our meals. I ordered the 8oz Medium-well Sirloin with Grilled shrimp, and my choices of 2 sides: Mashed potatoes, and green beans. My boyfriend had Breaded chicken with White gravy, And his choice of only 1 side: Loaded Cheese fries. 





After We Finished our Delicious meals at Texas Roadhouse, We got in the car and headed straight to the Movie Tavern in Little Rock, Arkansas. Once we arrived we stopped to take a selfie together outside of the theatre, and then headed inside to buy our tickets to the Movie Demon Slayer (Link to Trailer). My Boyfriend and I decided to see the Recently Released Demon Slayer movie : Infinity Castle, because we have always enjoyed the Anime series on Netflix, and We heard a lot of people saying that the movie was really good. The tickets cost $27.70 after tax, and my Boyfriend Paid using his American express card. Being how popular the movie was when first coming out, I fully understand the prices, and I believe they are very reasonable.

    

After we got our tickets it was around 8:30pm so we still had over an hour before the movie was supposed to start, so we headed into the entertainment area to play some cornhole. My Boyfriend ended up winning our game of cornhole with 21 points, I lost with 17 Points. After My sad Loss In Corn hole, we headed to the arcade to play some games there. We decided to play Air hockey and after 5 minutes I finally won with 10 points, he terribly lost with only 5 points. After a couple minutes laughing hysterically at my Boyfriend for losing so terribly to me, We headed to the Theatre where The movie was being played. 








          


         


When we got in the theatre around 9:20pm, there were only 2 people in there at first, and it was very quiet. We waited for previews to begin while we chatted and played games on our phones together. As we waited, the theatre slowly started filling up and then the previews soon began. The theatre ended up almost being completely full. Maybe 6 of the 10 or so rows were all completely filled. A preview that I enjoyed a lot, was a trailer for a new movie coming out called “Now you see me Now you don’t”.




At 10:00pm, the previews were over, and the movie was finally starting!

As the movie started Everyone in the room started to get excited and were talking quietly amongst themselves saying “finally!” or “yes!”. At the beginning of the movie when it showed the title of the movie I quickly pulled out my phone to get a picture, as I always do! As the movie carried along and me and my boyfriend slowly started to fill our stomachs with sugar, The audience and ourselves all got so engaged in the movie. During the Fighting Scenes everyone in the room got vocal, as some would shout out “Ohh!” or “Ouch!”, others were complaining by saying “Really?!” or “Just like that?”. Me and my boyfriends found their comments funny as most of them were very dramatic! 



I believe the writers of the movie were trying to reach this exact audience, Anime Lovers, who have enjoyed watching Demon Slayer, previous to the newly released Movie. All of the original voice actors from the series returned for the movie. Some of my favorites being: Natsuki Hanae, who voices the role of Tanjiro Kamado, Yoshitsugo Matsuoka, voicing Inosuke Hashibira, And finally Hiro Shimono, voicing Zenitsu Agatsuma.

As the movie sadly came to an end, it got very emotional and I shed a few tears while still stuffing my face with an excessive amount of popcorn. I would rate the movie a solid ten out of ten! What I loved most about the movie was how clear the graphics were, and how detailed the art of the animations were. This movie was definitely upgraded from the original art of  the netflix series, and I would One-Hundred percent recommend the movie to everybody. I believe it was the perfect movie to celebrate my and my boyfriend's one year anniversary. We talked about the movie all the way home, and it ended our night with joy.




 


Comments

Popular Posts